PDA

View Full Version : Apex, Uverse 2wire, Trendnet

Renton777
02/02/2011, 12:41 PM
Hey Guys,

I have been trying to work through this problem for over 2 weeks, reading the forums, using the official and unofficial guides (which is a great resource), yet I have not been able to remotely access my APEX.

I have the APEX setup to the TRENDnet Wireless N Gaming Adapter TEW-647GA. Which is then connected wirelessly to my network using ATT's Uverse 2Wire 3800HGV-8. Now this is were my problem seems to be (I have seen other people post similar problems, but I have not seen how the problem was solved).
I gave the APEX a static IP of 192.168.1.74 and the TRENDnet a static IP of 192.168.1.72. However when I go into the 2wire it shows the Hardware Address (MAC) of the Trendnet with the Apex IP. So it somehow combines the two. I have tried various setups with the port-forwarding with no luck. It seems I need to get the two devices to show up independently.

I can access the Apex from the home network, but not from the outside.

I should note, if I hardwire the APEX to the 2-wire I am able to remotely access it, but that is not a viable solution long-term as they are on opposite sides of the house.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Nathan

cediss
02/03/2011, 12:15 AM
Renton777,
This may not be of much help as I do not currently have my Apex or my tank set up to give a detailed setup review. Just as an option to consider. If you have a set-top box (Uverse connected TV) near your tank you can hard wire into that cat 5 port on the back of the motorola box. If I remember correctly I then used the same IP as the set top box and was able to remotely access the apex that way. Just an option to consider. For me it worked when I couldn't get my wireless router working. It was quick to configure too.