PDA

View Full Version : Corals for free!

reefsforme
02/02/2011, 02:09 PM
Hello. I am here to ask if anyone is willing to provide me their corals. I am accepting corals that are sick, near death, diseased, etc., except for dead corals. If you have any corals you don't need, can't care for, or near death, please let me know. The reason for me asking, is that I am interested in reviving such corals. If I am able to revive these corals, and later on sucessfully propagate these corals, I will send you back your coral. So, is it a deal?

ibefishy
02/02/2011, 02:22 PM
Where are you located and will you pay for shipping the corals to you?

reefsforme
02/02/2011, 02:24 PM
I am in NYC, and I will gladly choose and pay for the shipping, along with giving instructions, if need be, on how to send them. PM me what you are interested in giving me, with a pic, so I can see what I am working with.

ritter6788
02/02/2011, 04:21 PM
So, is it a deal?

No.

NeverlosT
02/11/2011, 11:20 AM
way to bring a lot to the thread ritter.

reefsforme, I've got nothing sick at the moment, but I hope you have a very good dip/QT process to keep your system safe! Good luck!

jeff@zina.com
02/11/2011, 02:48 PM
I am accepting corals that are sick, near death, diseased, etc.
Just what most of us try to stay away from. :)

My guess is you're looking for free brood stock. Your best source will be your local reef clubs, quite a few members will give away coral that is overgrowing their tanks. Or at least sell it cheaply, far cheaper than you'd pay for shipping.

Jeff

ritter6788
02/11/2011, 05:24 PM
way to bring a lot to the thread ritter.

Glad I could be of service. Seriously though, do you think anyone is going to send corals, healthy or not, to someone they don't know that just puts out requests on a forum? If it was that easy then everyone would do it. I'd gladly take any coral; alive, dead, sick, whatever if someone was willing to send it to me. How many people do you know that will go through the trouble and expense of shipping a coral to someone they don't know for free?

Not to mention the OP six days later posted his aquariums for sale. Doesn't look like anyone would have received their coral back after it was revived.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1973550

Metal Man 1221
02/14/2011, 03:27 PM
lol