PDA

View Full Version : Royal Exclusive Vertex Cone 250

chewieee
02/04/2011, 03:30 PM
I need some info on this, there are 2 red pipes that came with this skimmer that fit into the red dragon pump, 1 is shorter, 1 is longer. What is the point of these different sizes? Also which size would be better for the start up of a tank (small bio-load) ?? please and why??

bayoupr
02/04/2011, 05:14 PM
While you are waiting for a response, surf throught the Royal Exclusive/Vertex Cone Skimmer Club in this area. I saw in there something about the difference between the longer and short nozzle. Long thread might take awhile. I do know that Jeremy will be able to help you when he gets a chance.

taklein65
02/05/2011, 12:27 AM
chewieee,

The short red pipe is for more air less water. The longer red pipe is for more water less air. Not sure which would be better I just went with the short pipe from the start.

Tim

bayoupr
02/05/2011, 11:40 AM
I thought it was the opposite. The reason I say that is I know with the adjustable ones if you screw it out you get more air and if you srew it in you get less air.

taklein65
02/05/2011, 12:21 PM
The shorter pipe does the same as turning the white one out by opening the space inside for more air to be draw in. The longer pipe is the same as turning the white one in by closing the gap to draw in less air. Sorry if my post was confusing hope this is a little clearer.

Tim

Jeremy B.
02/05/2011, 01:32 PM
Hey guys, the shorter pipe (47mm) is for more air draw = roughly 2300lph. The longer nozzle which should be 59mm will be roughly around 1700lph or so. The newer skimmers have been shipping with the adjustable nozzle though, which takes away the need for changing out the nozzles to adjust air draw.