PDA

View Full Version : LED on a 210

cidermaster
02/05/2011, 04:35 PM
I have been looking around and haven't found anything on a LED build on a 210 does anyone know of one? IM not up to date on the leds but I do know the halides are killing me on electricity ecspically with this deep of a tank.. are Leds the way to go?
Also does anyone have any good links on leds on atleast a 210?
Thanks

HECS
02/05/2011, 04:56 PM
I'm have been experimenting with 3x 48'' Led strips on my 95 display. the lights are by reef brite, 2x 50/50 white/blue and 1 all blue. So far (one month) I have had been very happy with the results. I noticed an immediate positive response from my lps and noticeable growth in my LPS softies and they all love the blues. I have complete confidence adding some sps. I wish I had tried them sooner, they would have payed for themselves in energy savings already. 3 x 35 Watts total instead of 325 watts metal halide + 4x Florescent = no brainer!

Makenna
02/05/2011, 06:17 PM
I have been looking around and haven't found anything on a LED build on a 210 does anyone know of one? IM not up to date on the leds but I do know the halides are killing me on electricity ecspically with this deep of a tank.. are Leds the way to go?
Also does anyone have any good links on leds on atleast a 210?
Thanks

I run 6 Aquaillumination Modules on a 210 and can grow anything anywhere in the tank.

Not the cheapest LED solution to your situation, but IMO, the best and most reliable.

Bobby

jmchzn123
02/05/2011, 06:45 PM
I run 6 Aquaillumination Modules on a 210 and can grow anything anywhere in the tank.

Not the cheapest LED solution to your situation, but IMO, the best and most reliable.

Bobby
How did you mount them? Mine are on back order I'm not sure about the hardware attached to the fixture but I cannot hang them and it seems the legs supplied leave the light too close to the water and I already heard stories of splash damaging the lights. any thoughts? Also do you use the standard optics?

Acrotrdco
02/06/2011, 02:48 AM
It really depends on your budget - 6x AI Sol would definitely burn a hole in your pockets :D

I was also choosing which model when I first built my tank and I went with a more affordable alternative.