PDA

View Full Version : led info please

sweet d
02/06/2011, 08:23 AM
so my tank is in need of new bulbs and i cant get the new uvl lights i want so i was thinking of maybe doing a led build but havent a clue where to even start.i was thinking of gutting the unit i have now (maybe) its a nova pro 6 bulb unit and maybe stuffing leds in there if possible?? what kind of leds are you guys using dimmable or non dimmable and how many leds should i use on a solana between whites and blues? any info would be great.

BEEKER1
02/06/2011, 08:28 AM
I am looking into the same thing and trying to convert my 120g to all led's I was looking at the Cree d.i.y. kits from Rapid led and had a friend who did this on a 14 bio cube. We tested the Par on the 14 gallon and got higher readings than when we compared it to the 150 metal halide he had on another bio cube. He was running 12 on the 14 gallon but after doing the par reading and discussing why he cant get certain things to grow we determined he has too much light on the 14 so he is thinking now of reducing that down to about 8 and running 16 on his other 29g. The kits are a d.i.y. but the output of them if far greater than the pre made ones that use all 1w led's.

zenzence
02/06/2011, 05:55 PM
check out coralskyled.com

radicaltimes
02/06/2011, 06:21 PM
Check out edsledbuild on this site.