PDA

View Full Version : new tank

bmike
02/06/2011, 10:09 PM
hi, RC i have a 3 week old tank i can wait to put some coral in it is there any coral i can try now
i have damsels in it now

john_blaze
02/06/2011, 10:16 PM
Have you completed your cycle!? at 3 weeks old you should still be cycling...I will assume your tank is cycled (for the :fish2: sake) and the types of corals you can keep at first will (mostly) depend on your lighting...

duncantse
02/06/2011, 10:21 PM
I think you should wait atleast 4-6 months before you put any beginner corals in it. Also, what kind of light do you have?

kctango
02/07/2011, 07:56 AM
a little information on your tank, size, type of lighting, filter/sump, what did you cycle your tank with, live rock, live sand, using a damsel :fish2:to cycle and then to dispose of is not nice if that is what you were thinking, now my LFS has some that they use to cycle with but have them returned back to them when a tank has cycled so that the fish is a valuable product and recycled to the next tank.

thegrun
02/07/2011, 08:14 AM
You can add coral as soon as the cycle is complete. I prefer to add coral before fish (shortly after establishing a clean-up crew). Here is a link to easy to care for beginners coral:
http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/coralcare/ig/15-Easy-Corals/

RcToners
02/07/2011, 10:35 AM
I think you should wait atleast 4-6 months before you put any beginner corals in it. Also, what kind of light do you have?

This is a bit over the top. You are fine to add corals once the cycle is done.