PDA

View Full Version : HELP xenia closing!!!

BrantheFishMan
02/07/2011, 06:57 PM
Hi my xenia is closing up I dont know if it is normal or not.
When I got home at about 3 it was all pulsing now it is closed up. The other part is nice and pulsing.
Thank you for any help!!!!!

Nebthet
02/07/2011, 07:05 PM
This is actually pretty normal. Mine does it all the time when it goes through growth explosions. You should find those stalks starting to split and branch out soon, then they will start walking all over the place.

LG1907
02/07/2011, 07:34 PM
Wow really?? :dance: We just got this yesterday... they split on their own?? Will they attach to other live rock within the tank??

stevie-o
02/07/2011, 07:45 PM
not like an anemone the polyps on it split, and eventually it will spread on to other nearby lr

landers96
02/07/2011, 07:47 PM
Bro, that's not a good thing. Xenia is a weed that most are trying to get OUT of there tank. I have handfull's that I throw away. Nobody even wants it. If you keep it, keep it high in the tank because when it spreads it seems to like to spread up. It will even spread onto your glass. Don't cut it in the tank because all the little pieces that come off will attach somewhere and start to grow. good luck

BrantheFishMan
02/07/2011, 07:54 PM
That is so exiting I got it a few days ago so I dont know if you will change your mind or not but now I know and wont be worried any more.
Thank you very much