PDA

View Full Version : My new RBTA

Fishtails
02/08/2011, 05:13 PM
I acquired a nice looking Rose a few weeks ago at the MTRC swap. Thought I'd share a picture of him. Does he look fine? Comments are welcome.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j45/fishtails423/Nanocube/IMAG0011.jpg

celamb89
02/08/2011, 05:45 PM
Looks nice!

although with the pic you cant see the mouth and foot which are good advisers of health..

Fishtails
02/08/2011, 05:54 PM
Looks nice!

although with the pic you cant see the mouth and foot which are good advisers of health..

Thanks. His mouth seems fine. No gaping or excretion. I was kind of weary because his foot is extended about 3-4" out of a rock. He seems to have settled in up top though, and has accepted a couple of meals since getting him. Other than that, seems fine.

A question I did have however, is with him in this location in the tank I don't think there is a possibility of the clowns hosting. They rarely leave the front glass pane. I don't want to try and move the Rose, but other than patience is there a method I could attempt to get them hosting?

Fishtails
02/08/2011, 05:57 PM
Also, what determines whether the tentacles will 'bubble up' or look more elongated. I ask this because earlier in the day the Rose had really nice defined bubbles, but when the picture was taken a few hours later the tentacles have a different shape. I've done a search but doesn't seem like there is a definite answer to the question.

MelloW33
02/08/2011, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure there is a definite answer on the shape on the tentacles. Sometimes my 2 RBTAs are bubbled up and sometimes elongated. There's many different theories on whether they elongate when hungry or not getting enough light. Mine stay nice and bubbled for a month or 2 after they split and seem to elongate when they get closer to splitting again.