PDA

View Full Version : Shark/Ray Pond Keepers

XSharkboyX
02/09/2011, 01:30 PM
Any out there? How many gallons, and how are you heating it?

I am building a 8x8x3 freshwater ray pond.
Still undecided on heating. I have 2 routes in mind.
Any insight would be appreciated.

Allmost
02/09/2011, 01:35 PM
I have 2 indoor ponds for rays (not in my condo) .... Used to breed motoros and some other ones.

will it be indoors or outdoor ?

simplest way it to get a PVC larger than the heater and put the heater iside and make holes ont he PVC ... so the ray wont burn itself.

I use inline heaters now, much simpler.

also what are you thinking filter wise ? a sump on the side ?

mattiej
02/09/2011, 01:52 PM
I do not directly heat my pools. The largest is located in its own solarium so is heater by sunlight supplemented with propane heaters to heat the solarium. My shark tanks are heated by standard titanium heaters.

stangd1909
02/09/2011, 02:41 PM
can you post pics?

Allmost
02/09/2011, 03:02 PM
I do not directly heat my pools. The largest is located in its own solarium so is heater by sunlight supplemented with propane heaters to heat the solarium. My shark tanks are heated by standard titanium heaters.

this is a good Idea ...
Im gonna offer it to some ppl as it would lower the cost of electricity by alot Im guessing.

IbanezIC300
02/09/2011, 04:14 PM
I am very interested in this topic as I am planning on setting up a pond that will hopefully be 16'x12'x3.5' or about 3,500 gallons with water. Are most people running the inline heaters for tanks this size? Are they the electric or gas powered types?

Allmost
02/09/2011, 04:18 PM
I only run Inline since the heaters can burn the stingrays.

if you got a sump on the side, or any other fish, you wont need that and can run simple titanium heaters.