PDA

View Full Version : Marine Betta and Peppermint Shrimp?

travis32
02/10/2011, 08:47 AM
I was just curious, I'd like to pick up a peppermint shrimp as I have some baby aptasia coming in on a visible rock. The rock has been in the tank for the last 3 months and no sign of aptasia until this week, so I'm afraid it hitchiked on something else and relocated to this rock. I could be wrong, it may be was there before and just grew large enough to be visible, or conditions were right for it to grow in. I don't know.

I'm just wondering would a peppermint shrimp be an expensive meal for a Marine Betta? The betta currently eats all dead food and has been seen chasing down pods on the rocks...

Would he chase down a peppermint? He's really lazy and doesn't chase fish. I'm not sure about a peppermint shrimp though.. I've had the betta for close to a year, 7 months in a 55g and now about 3-4 months in my 125g...

Sugar Magnolia
02/10/2011, 09:30 AM
Odds are the betta will eat the shrimp. Get yourself some Joe's juice, or mix up some kalk slurry and inject it into the aiptasia.

GrendelPrime76
02/10/2011, 10:53 AM
can u just remove the rock and boil it?

MCCOOL
02/10/2011, 12:10 PM
My betta never ate a peppermint shrimp... Only because my leopard wrasse ate it before it left the net haha

I wouldn't trust the Betta though, I'd definitely look for another solution.