PDA

View Full Version : Question or two

James404
02/10/2011, 10:37 AM
So I have your Ocean Reef +1 unit, love it so far. I have one or two questions though. I have the unit running off my laundry water supply with a "Y", I noticed the other day that my pressure dropped from its normal 40-45psi to about 30 and also at the same time noticed that the water line going into the RODI as well as the waste water line had excessive "sweating" on it. This is running off my cold water line, house at about 67 deg.

I am assuming I more then likely will need a booster pump but what about the line sweating? Is this normal and anything I can do to prevent it? I fear that water could drip near an outlet and cause problems.

Thanks in advance.

Thefilterguys
02/10/2011, 01:34 PM
The humidity in your house is very high and the tap water has gotten very cold resulting in condensation, hopefully your tap water will warm up in the next few weeks.

The pressure drop is more them likely a matter of your dirty water mains getting stirred and clogging the filters. Since your not the only New Yorker i've heard from in the last week or so it appears that is what is happening.

Your pressure under normal conditions is low at 40-45 psi and one of our 8800 booster pump would help production.

Were having the same issues because of water main breaks due to the cold.

Jim

James404
02/10/2011, 01:53 PM
Thank you for the quick response Jim, I will have to get that booster pump when I get some extra funds then. I will have to investigate the humidity in the house more, I only have a 75g but will soon be upgrading to the 225, I don't want to worry about humidity problems down the line.

Thefilterguys
02/11/2011, 09:08 AM
I have an air exchanger in my house so I don't see the tubing sweat in the winter but in the summer my air conditioning ducts sweat in my fish room. Our tap water temp is down to 44 degrees now.

Jim

James404
02/19/2011, 09:27 AM
Jeez I swear I just don't think sometimes, I just realized the answer to my pressure problem. When I received the unit secondhand the flush valve was open, I have been running it like that for months! I closed the valve and pressure shot up to 80PSI!!

Thefilterguys
02/19/2011, 05:44 PM
OK solves the problem, no booster, your pressure is just about where the booster would put you.

Jim