PDA

View Full Version : Moving to an Aggressive Tank

Jake622
02/11/2011, 08:34 PM
So I am just getting started and the more I read the more I think I want an aggressive tank. I currently have a 350 gallon FOWL with a pair of maroon clowns, a vlamingi tang, a royal gramma and an engineer blenny. I would like to get a trigger, a golden tail morray eel, lion fish, etc.

I am sure the royal gramma would be eaten pretty quick. What about the compatibility with the others I have? Also, would my cleaner and peppermint shrimp be eaten?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

namxas
02/13/2011, 08:03 PM
What species of lion are you considering? I know somebody who lost a full-grown female maroon clown (6"+) to his adult P. volitans. I don't think our adult volitans would think twice about eating a clownfish.

As for the gramma, again, it depends on the species of lion, but it's likely going to be food, as will the peps. The cleaner shrimp is a 50/50 thing...it may be recognized as a cleaner, and will be fine, but it may look tasty and become a snack.

HTH

Jake622
02/14/2011, 10:59 AM
If I skip the lion, would I be ok with the trigger and eel? Any other ideas for fish would be great.