PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

GT3
02/12/2011, 09:11 PM
I frag some of my zoas from the mother colony to another small piece of live rock outside water, and i waited about 3 mins to let the superglue to dry. Then I put it back to the tank, and now my other corals are closed and seeming to die off, I have other zoas, mushrooms and yellow polyps in the tank! They are closed up all of a sudden! what's going on!?! Did i use the wrong superglue or I should have waited the glue to dry completely?!?!?

Fibinotchi
02/12/2011, 09:18 PM
How long have they been closed? What glue did you use? Sometimes when you bump the tank or move the light, polyps close up. Is that what's going on?

GT3
02/12/2011, 09:25 PM
They have been closed for hours... and getting thinner. I was thinking maybe my fish hit the zoas or I moved the light but ALL of my corals are closed for hours! I used the normal superglue those tiny little ones, but when I squeeze it out it's not jelly gel, its more like a lava fluid. Is that the problem?

jamgar
02/12/2011, 09:29 PM
run carbon and large water change..if you think it is the glue imo

GT3
02/12/2011, 09:42 PM
can i place a mesh of carbon right in front of my powerhead? I dont have any filter for my SW tank.

Fibinotchi
02/12/2011, 09:44 PM
That would be a good idea. How about a picture. They can close up pretty tight for quit a few days and then come back fine.

GT3
02/12/2011, 09:50 PM
I had them for 3 months, never seen anything like that, must be my superglue. Guess what I found out... I used the liquid type!! OMG!!! This is the worst mistake I ever made.... my fishes are fine though amazingly, I got all my corals out to another bucket, hope they stay well for a while if they ever recover.... Actually my tank turned slightly cloudy after I put that rock back into the tank, but i thought it was the sand got bluffed up, hate myself!

stingythingy45
02/12/2011, 09:55 PM
You'll be fine,no need to panic.
Corals close sometimes just from the zoas slimming some from being fragged.
Are you running a skimmer on this tank?
Is it causing micro bubbles?That could be irritating th corals as well.
Super glue liquid is fine,just doesn't work as well as the gel.

GT3
02/12/2011, 09:58 PM
I am not running a skimmer but I pulled all my corals out to another bucket with new water that I mixed, not sure if they will stressed out and die cuz I didn't drip them in I was so worried.