PDA

View Full Version : Bio Pellets and Acans?

endlessblue
02/14/2011, 10:04 PM
Anyone using bio pellets and have success with acans? I have heard acans like "dirty" water, is that true? And would bio pellets and the ability to eliminate nitrates and phosphates cause negative affects for them? Thanks for any info.

RokleM
02/15/2011, 08:55 AM
I run them as well as carbon and phosphate remover, having a LPS dominant tank (including a dozen or so acan colonies). They key is to keep them in lower light if you have pristine clean water. Feeding a bit can't hurt either.

endlessblue
02/15/2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the info, will do.

hk855
02/15/2011, 10:19 PM
My acans seem to be happier in the month since I started biopellets. The are expanded and send out feeders all night and usually during the day too, seem toe growing a bit more and my echinata and favia are much happier too. I have feed a bit more since biopellets as well. I think that dirty isn't exactly good but rather stuff for them to feed on. The bacteria from the pellets is what I expect is creating the feeding response. So yes add them and to keep the nutrient levels up if you think they are dropping too low then feed everything more. I'm setting up a 60g sps/lps and am going to run pellets as well as an auto feeder with coral food to keep the tank well fed.

falconut
02/17/2011, 07:14 PM
I'm also running WM pellets and have an Acan frag. I got it in early November and it was 3 heads w/1 small head. Now it's up to 5 full heads w/about 4 small heads. I also feed it frozen mysis and brine abotu once every other week.

endlessblue
02/17/2011, 10:03 PM
great info thanks, I alread bought several acans!!!