PDA

View Full Version : Crosshatch Trigger info

samdaman
02/15/2011, 04:52 PM
I was wondering why they are significantly more expensive than most triggers out there? Is it because they are rare? From Hawaii?

isakofyork001
02/15/2011, 04:56 PM
there also reef safe and very pretty

samdaman
02/15/2011, 04:58 PM
there also reef safe and very pretty

That they are, Its my 2nd fav trigger.

SkullV
02/15/2011, 05:00 PM
They are rare because they are a moderately deepwater species and are not often collected. Many die after collection because they do not go through decompression properly (slowly enough) and have swim bladder issues.

Other good looking reef safe triggers are Sargassum and Bluethroat triggers.

samdaman
02/15/2011, 05:10 PM
They are rare because they are a moderately deepwater species and are not often collected. Many die after collection because they do not go through decompression properly (slowly enough) and have swim bladder issues.

Other good looking reef safe triggers are Sargassum and Bluethroat triggers.

I see, Both Sargassum and Blue Throat are pretty too. But like I said, not that expensive. Are they found more towards the surface?

SkullV
02/15/2011, 05:20 PM
I see, Both Sargassum and Blue Throat are pretty too. But like I said, not that expensive. Are they found more towards the surface?

Yes, they are found in more easily accessible waters and do not have to be decompressed to the level that a crosshatch does. There was a small issue getting Sargassum Triggers this year though due to the Oil Spill contaminating their breeding grounds. Divers Den seems to have a decent supply though.

vamaro
02/15/2011, 11:29 PM
I have a cross hatch trigger pair. They are great fish. Good personality, not aggressive at all, and look nice. I also like the blue chin and sargassum. I got my pair for $550 which I felt was a good price. My male is about 8 to 9 inches and my female is about 7 inches.