PDA

View Full Version : New rodi unit

karsseboom
02/16/2011, 03:12 AM
Just got my new ro/di unit in and had a few questions. I cant have the unit hooked up permanent so i screwed it into my sink faucet and then disconnect after use, is this ok? My second question is do you guys use the first batch of water that comes out or do you wait for a gallon or so before you use in the tank?

dan-in-gr
02/16/2011, 05:08 AM
Hi, I have always had my RODI hooked up to kitchen sink, works great and I do not run a gallon first then keep water, except if running a new filter and then will let all water run an hour before using. When done, I put the unit back into closet until next weeks water change and make up water jugs.

gldnegle76
02/16/2011, 09:31 AM
Just got my new ro/di unit in and had a few questions. I cant have the unit hooked up permanent so i screwed it into my sink faucet and then disconnect after use, is this ok?

Sure, as long as your water pressure is adequate.

My second question is do you guys use the first batch of water that comes out or do you wait for a gallon or so before you use in the tank?

Flush new membranes for about an hour. Second use onward: you'll still want to run it for several minutes to get rid of "tds creep" before sending to di. If you have an inline tds meter, this will really help.