PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Frequency of Bartlett Anthias

joncohen
02/17/2011, 06:22 PM
I'm interested in getting a small harem of these anthias. I've read they need as many as four feedings a day. With my work schedule, I can only realistically feed them twice a day. Am I doing a disservice to these fish or would they be fine on two feedings a day?

sullyfish
02/17/2011, 06:28 PM
I feed mine twice regularly and 3 times daily when I can ( 2-3 times a week ) and they are fat and happy. If you have 2 males they will fight a lot though

tm613
02/17/2011, 06:41 PM
an auto feeder using some quality pellets like New Life Spectrum can help

SDguy
02/17/2011, 06:48 PM
Mine eat too much, frankly. While keeping the other anthias fat, my bartletts tend to get obese... they have the body shape of tuna :(

palmer373
02/17/2011, 06:58 PM
Mine eat too much, frankly. While keeping the other anthias fat, my bartletts tend to get obese... they have the body shape of tuna :(

do they taste good? :bounce3:

seriously tho, it is bad for anthias to get 'obese'?

SDguy
02/17/2011, 07:19 PM
I don't know, they just don't look healty, or anything like they did when I got them, when they are that fat...

joncohen
02/18/2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys. I went ahead and bought them today from a LFS. Also bought an auto feeder so i'll see how that goes.
I bought three and all of them look like they are changing from female to male. The store owner and a customer that was there said they don't have male/male fighting issues like many of the other anthias have. They said even if they were all female, they would eventually all change to male in the aquarium. I'm skeptical but I'm giving it a try. I'll let you know how it goes...