PDA

View Full Version : reef crest mode

goobe
02/18/2011, 09:30 AM
Hey guys, i juts bought my first vortech MP10, so far its been awesome. a little niosy but it says it needs a break in period.

one question i have is whats the difference in reefcrest mode and lagoonal mode in terms of light positions. At the moment i have the lights set on the 3rd and 4th light instead of the first and second. Im just wondering if i have it on reefcrest or laggoonal

i hope that makes sence. i think anyone who has a vortech should knwo what im talking about..=

Enzel
02/18/2011, 09:47 AM
I think the 1st and 2nd lights on is for reef crest and the 3rd and 4th is for lagoon. I have mine on the 1st and 2nd and it seems to give a nice low flow and then take off in a high flow.

The Velvet Sea
02/18/2011, 11:01 AM
I think the 1st and 2nd lights on is for reef crest and the 3rd and 4th is for lagoon. I have mine on the 1st and 2nd and it seems to give a nice low flow and then take off in a high flow.

This is correct. The 1st and 2nd lights indicate reef crest and the 3rd and 4th indicate lagoon. The Full Manual (http://ecotechmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/FULLMANUAL_Revision1.1.pdf) is much better than the quick start manual that comes with the vortechs.