PDA

View Full Version : Mandarin not doing very well?

Mrsbmckee
02/21/2011, 08:28 AM
I recently purchased a green mandarin And 1000 live copepods to add to my tank. I put him in last night and he is just hovering in the same spot right above the sand. He isnt swimming or eating he's just laying there and breathing. Is he going to die? Is there Anything I can do to help this little guy make it? Thanks for your help!

fishguy597
02/21/2011, 08:42 AM
How much live rock do you have? Mine hides alot during the day then around dusk he comes out to pick at the rocks. How long did you acclimate it? How are your paremeters? How long has your tank matured? They are usually pretty hardy fish.

GhostCon1
02/21/2011, 10:58 AM
Chances are:
1) Sleeping
2) Still acclimating to the new home
3) Nervous.

I put mine in and she stayed in the same spot for almost a day and a half.

MCCOOL
02/21/2011, 12:45 PM
Was it hunting/swimming normally before you bought it? Some are caught with cyanide, and unfortunately don't make it, most of the time.

Mrsbmckee
02/21/2011, 02:28 PM
I have about 120 ponds of live rock... And I know I jumped the gun being that my tank has only been running for about 5 months. I acclimated him for about 45 minutes and all my levels are at 0 exept my nitrates are about 5. He has move out of the cave but still seems to be struggling I hope he makes it! Thanks for you help!

Nwest
02/21/2011, 03:15 PM
He is fine...Mine did the same thing he first night and hes doing great....He sat in the corner all by him self and then the next day took off swimming around..

snorvich
02/21/2011, 03:34 PM
Was it hunting/swimming normally before you bought it? Some are caught with cyanide, and unfortunately don't make it, most of the time.

Most likely scenario unfortunately. So sorry.