PDA

View Full Version : Question about your system

davidtsx
02/21/2011, 07:52 AM
Do you have any detail information about setting up your system. I have two options and if I'm to purchase the system I'm not sure on which way would be better.

Option 1: Run the system from my mixing station which is 30 feet away and then run the drain line to my utility sink which is about 40 feet away from my tank. Or do you have some way to connect the drain line directly to a waste plumping line in a bathroom?

Option 2: would be to using a 10 gallon tank I have in my stand and then run the drain line outside or to the bathroom sink which would be about 10 feet.

Which one would be better? Also do you have any pictures on how others have set it up?

Thank you,

David

GenesisReefSys
02/21/2011, 08:53 AM
Hello David,

Either way could work, but I would probably go with your option 1 and connect the waste line to the bathroom plumbing if it is accessible, preferably to the sink's drain before the P-trap if possible (definitely not after the P-trap). There are a couple different ways to do this.

There are pictures of other customers' setups in some of the forums here and elsewhere, but I can also send you some photos via email. Please pm me with your email address or you can send an email directly to me through our contact page here (http://www.genesisreefsystems.com/contact.php). We can definitely get you all set up!

Kevin

reefjunkie42
02/26/2011, 12:03 AM
hey kevin if you want to use any of my pictures vie emailed you feel free to.

GenesisReefSys
02/27/2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks, reefjunkie!