PDA

View Full Version : 75G lighting question

rmtom
02/24/2011, 04:47 AM
Hi all,

I've read through many of the threads here and I'd like to get some input. I'm upgrading my 75g from its stock PC (I have no corals yet!) to either a 6x54W t5 system (I've been looking at various Tek models, as well as the AquaticLife models with built in Moon lights), a 4x54W T5HO system w/ boostled/PAR30 lamps, or just a set up of 6-8 PAR30 boostled / par30 lamps? The LED lamps are particuarly appealing to me because of the reduced maintance / long life span.

I'm aware LED lamps are new and not everyone is comfortable with them. I've been following a few threads and they seem acceptable to me, and I'm satisfied being an early adopter, but certainly not set on it.

As for livestock, I'd like to keep some zoas and maybe some acans in this tank.

Thanks for any input!

dustinc
02/24/2011, 10:10 AM
I would go t5 or t5/led combo. I think you will be much happier in the end that way.

pkirby
02/24/2011, 10:36 AM
neither of those require a ton of light... so you'd probably be fine with a 4x54w T5. I have the aquaticlife and am very happy with it. It'll handle SPS corals just fine in case you do decide you want them later on... Plus I love the built in timer and the LED moonlights.

If you're not wanting a sps dominated tank, I think the 6 bulb is probably overkill. Just my opinion though...

WXB
02/24/2011, 08:14 PM
Look up the Coralife t5 lights check this web site out it has my fav lights. I have them on my 40 gals. Look at my pics if you want to see them.

http://www.coralifeproducts.com/product/hoods-light-fixtures/#aqualight-lunar