PDA

View Full Version : Icecap Reef Illumination T5/Led

Koddie Doo
02/24/2011, 07:34 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on this light?

http://www.icecapinc.com/reef-illuminations-fixtures/4foot-icecap-reef-illuminations-t5-fixture

Found a great price on it, can't find any user reviews....

radicaltimes
02/24/2011, 10:31 PM
Seems pretty expensive. Search IceCap on google. They closed down a few months ago.

deathmatch782
02/25/2011, 11:34 AM
I have it on my 120 and like it. The price there is msrp and not close to what I paid.

hanley0019
02/25/2011, 03:41 PM
This is a nice light. I paid 400 for it and it was well worth it. The moonlights are amazing. Everything just glows under them. The splash shield was slightly to big for the unit. It was a pain to get it in and when i finally got it in it warped a bit. Id suggest sanding it down a bit if it doesn't fit. The unit does not have on/off switches. If its plugged in its on. The company is possibly going under so make sure you get a warranty from the store u buy it from. I price matched mine with marinedepot so i could get a 60 day warranty from marinedepot. Overall these lights are well worth the 400 i paid. My corals love them. If your worried about possible not having a warranty you should get the tek lights. There a little more expensive and you have to buy your own moonlights but they have a warranty.