PDA

View Full Version : ATT: Bio pellet users

afernandez
02/24/2011, 08:22 PM
When did u see your po4/no3 drop when you started using them...

I'm currently running the ecobak pellets.
I've been using them for 3.5 weeks and I haven't seen anything to be Amazed/Shocked about... Just wondering How long did they take for you

TIA-

prospectclmt
02/24/2011, 08:29 PM
I just started today so i will document if my po4/no3 drops in the coming weeks

karsseboom
02/24/2011, 10:16 PM
i have been using bio pellets since monday and my p04 is still there very low but still there. Also the water is really cloudy. My corals dont look so hot

Useful_Idiot
02/25/2011, 06:39 AM
My nitrates dropped to 0 after 2 months and I didn't have a phosphate meter til 4 months in and then it was zero. I also started out slowly running 1/4 the amount and increasing by a couple tablespoons a week so I didn't drop to fast and upset my softies. I recently pulled them my zoas weren't looking so hot, and now they are improving. Make sure you feed heavy when your readings get lower and keep your alk under 8ish.

kctango
02/25/2011, 06:46 AM
How long do you have to wait to start your Bio Pellets on a new tank, I am preparing to setup a 110Gal DT

bertoni
02/25/2011, 01:55 PM
I think you can start them at any time. They might not do much useful for a while, depending on the feeding rate and the animals in the system, though, since tanks usually don't have nutrient problems for a bit. That might be due to the rapid growth of small animals.