PDA

View Full Version : White Patch on Clown...Not Crypt

SkullV
02/26/2011, 04:48 PM
I noticed this little white patch on my Snowflake Ocellaris a little while back and I was hoping it was just Lymphocystis and would go away with food/good water.

The fish has food and good water, eats like a pig, and swims/breathes normally but the white is still there right behind it's first stripe and also a little bit on the end of it's left pectoral fin.

It's definitely raised and slightly fuzzy looking. Nothing else in the tank is affected (another Snowflake Ocellaris and a Helfrichi Firefish)

What do you think it is? What type of treatment would you recommend? I was thinking Prazi or should I just keep an eye on it?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/rockyrubicon/Fish%20Tank/Questions/IMAG0089.jpg
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb102/rockyrubicon/Fish%20Tank/Questions/IMAG0085.jpg

jamgar
02/26/2011, 06:04 PM
Very similer to what I am seeing on my foxface...following along

SkullV
02/26/2011, 06:24 PM
Very similer to what I am seeing on my foxface...following along

Possibly Fluke. Maybe a freshwater dip tomorrow. Clowns should take it really well.

ReeferBill
02/26/2011, 06:47 PM
I think your clown has a fungal infection that can be cured with medicated food and topical anti-fungicides. Google Marine Fungal Infections to come up with the most successful treatment. Good Luck and Happy Reefing!!! P.S. Fungus Infections are caused by poor water Quality.:hmm4:

SkullV
02/26/2011, 06:50 PM
I think your clown has a fungal infection that can be cured with medicated food and topical anti-fungicides. Google Marine Fungal Infections to come up with the most successful treatment. Good Luck and Happy Reefing!!! P.S. Fungus Infections are caused by poor water Quality.:hmm4:

Hmm, it certainly doesn't have poor water quality. Always 0ammonia, 0nitrite, 0 nitrate and all of the coral is doing very well.

SkullV
02/27/2011, 01:26 PM
Anyone else?

SkullV
03/12/2011, 01:23 PM
Well the white bump is still there as long as the two spots on her fin. None of them have changed size or shape. She does not seem bothered at all but I think it is about time to treat. In the next week or 2 I am breaking down the tank and moving everything so I'll get her and her mate into the hospital tank.

What meds would you all recommend for this type of ailment?

SkullV
03/13/2011, 02:58 PM
^^^

SkullV
03/14/2011, 10:12 AM
Has anyone used Maracyn Plus? Seems like it is a liquid combo of Maracyn 1 and 2. Should treat this whether it is bacterial or fungal.

Any opinions?