PDA

View Full Version : Stocking a new 29 biocube ideas?

salt0727
03/01/2011, 09:35 AM
We have a new 29 biocube that is ready for fish. We want to do some unique colorful fish. We might do a pair of clowns, not sure what kind yet but would love some ideas on other fish.

Toddrtrex
03/01/2011, 10:02 AM
One issue might come up -- a pair of clowns will most likely start to spawn, they, the vast majority of the time, become a lot more aggressive when that happens. In a small tank that aggression is multiplied, and they may not take too kindly to other tank inhabitants. So, I would either keep a single clown, or JUST the pair.

salt0727
03/01/2011, 10:20 AM
One issue might come up -- a pair of clowns will most likely start to spawn, they, the vast majority of the time, become a lot more aggressive when that happens. In a small tank that aggression is multiplied, and they may not take too kindly to other tank inhabitants. So, I would either keep a single clown, or JUST the pair.

ok thanks for the info maybe no clowns and just other types of fish

Korrine
03/01/2011, 10:55 AM
Canary wrasse, Royal gramma, tail spot goby, yellow watchman goby, jawfish if depth of sand is at least 4", firefish, possum wrasse, bicolor blenny, midas blenny, flame hawfish :)

If you are interested in angels: Flameback angel (Centropyge acanthops), or Centropyge aurantonotus,

jonnybravo22
03/01/2011, 04:34 PM
if you do go with clowns i think a tank with maybe some unique variant of clowns (i'm partial to onyx perculas) and a nice anemone and a few corals can be really amazing.

H2OCulture
03/01/2011, 06:24 PM
Dottybacks, Centropyge pygmy, Black cap basslet, Liopropoma Sp (depending on your budget) some types of gobies, particularly the shrimp gobies (especially if you can get the pistol shrimp for them to pair with). Good luck and check out the nanotank forum and see what those people have stocked.