PDA

View Full Version : best way to move a tank

karsseboom
03/03/2011, 01:29 AM
Im thinking of moving about 10 miles away from where i live now. what would you think the best way to move my tank? its a 65 gallon tank with a few sps, lps and 2 clowns. I was thinking of bagging the fish leaving as much water as i can along with LR rushing the tank over to the new place but idk. The tank is just starting to come around since its olny been set up for a few months.

Richard Reefer
03/03/2011, 06:43 AM
When I moved to my new place it was about the same distance, I took all of my livestock and rock out and put it in 5 gallon buckets, I left the sand and about a inch of water in the tank and plastic wrapped the top just to avoid any splashing. Everything worked out pretty well that way.

Snookster
03/03/2011, 06:49 AM
Get a bunch of 5 gallon buckets (you can get them w/lids too). Put everything in buckets with water. I would think moving a tank with anything in it would not be a good idea.

Personally, I would use the opportunity to get a bigger tank! Move everything in tank A to tank B.

billdogg
03/03/2011, 07:17 AM
what they all said - buckets, trashcans, whatever. Several large friends promised beer as soon as it is moved. Twice as long as you think its gonna take. A minimum of 3 extra trips to the plumbing section at Lowes/HD. At least 50% more water made up and ready at the new place as you think you'll need.

Beer. Lot's n lot's of beer.

HTH!

ultraxr
03/03/2011, 08:53 AM
+1 on the LOTS OF BEER! haha... I just did a switch over of my 120 gal and that as only a 25 foot move into anothe 120 tank.