PDA

View Full Version : Hanging kit for Current Sundial fixture?

MilkWeed18
03/04/2011, 01:11 AM
I am moving soon, and would like to upgrade from a 29g to a 75. I was curious to know if a 36" fixture would be okay on the 75 since i primarily keep softies,lps, and 1 anemone. If it is do they sell the hanging kits for them. Thanks

The Donald
03/04/2011, 07:06 AM
i have a 36" 4 bulb ATI Sunpower on my 75, it works great. You can buy hanging kits from Lowes or HD that you can make work if you are atleat alittle crafty. I run a canopy, so i just built a simple wood frame that sits on the rim of the tank to hold my fixture.

MilkWeed18
03/04/2011, 11:36 AM
i have a 36" 4 bulb ATI Sunpower on my 75, it works great. You can buy hanging kits from Lowes or HD that you can make work if you are atleat alittle crafty. I run a canopy, so i just built a simple wood frame that sits on the rim of the tank to hold my fixture.

How are your corals reacting to that setup?

The Donald
03/04/2011, 01:31 PM
it works great...the 6 inchs on either side are well lit, but has a little less par (great for lower light stuff...can still bleach mushrooms though). Colorful zoos love the light in the center, but anything on the top of the rock pile needs to be moved there from the sand bed slowly (my fixture is only 3" from the surface of the water).