PDA

View Full Version : Stupid cyano in SPS tank

juanorz
03/06/2011, 09:12 AM
So I have been battling this cyano for months I run very aggressive GFO and skim the face off of my tank. My colors are better than ever and growth is good. So whats the problem. Why is it not going away. I wonder if I am doing to large of a water change and making the tank have a mini cycle.. I do about 20% every week.
cal 480
DKH 9
PH 8.0
0 no3
0po4

chefzif
03/06/2011, 09:45 AM
Cut back on lighting, check R/O TDS and do not over feed until you get it in check! It will take time to get rid of! Be patient! Chef! We all have experienced a break out and it sucks! Good Luck! How long have you had the tank running?

GhostCon1
03/06/2011, 09:51 AM
I do not suggest this method until you have tried everything else, but Red Slime Remover works wonders.

I used it once in my 20L and never had cyano again.

juanorz
03/06/2011, 09:58 AM
I have tried boyds before, but It came back not sure if I didnt put enough, I did hear it kills the bacteria in the system not sure if thats true or not

offroadodge
03/06/2011, 10:01 AM
try monthly water changes, when i 1st set-up my tank for the 1st 6 months i did weekly water changes then moved on to doing 10% water changes monthly. I have the opinion of if the corals are happy and everything looks in PAR why change the water, hence the reason i only do 10% WCs monthly.