PDA

View Full Version : March meeting

strayvoltage
03/06/2011, 11:13 AM
The march meeting tentatively, will be held at The Coral Reef and the tank raffle will take place during this meeting. One requirement for this to happen is that there are enough raffle tickets sold to complete a goal of 100 tickets. It would be great if we could sell a lot more tickets than 100. We need to sell 100 tickets to make the raffle a worth while thing for STARS.

Let all your friends in the hobby know about the raffle and get them to go out and buy a ticket. While you are at it, tell them about STARS and get them to attend and have some fun with all of us.
:wave:

pnavarro170
03/06/2011, 01:47 PM
Really hope nothing pops up for me. But ill try for sure.

ahlebik
03/06/2011, 04:10 PM
I'm on weekend Mids this month. If I don't sleep ill actually be able to make the meet. Sleepy Grouchy Andy will be there.

jmait769
03/06/2011, 04:41 PM
Has a date been chosen?

Jay

strayvoltage
03/06/2011, 11:56 PM
There has not really been a date set but how about lets stick with the old stand by and do the third Sunday of the month. Looks like that would make it the 20th. I guess if that can't or doesn't work for most then we can change it. Seems like we did talk about this and if we can make it a set day of every month then more people should be able to try to plan ahead for it. I hope we can all make it and have some fun. I have noticed at least two new people at each meeting and hope we continue to grow like that. We had 25 people in attendance at the last meeting and I was told that several others were there but left before we had a sign sheet started. I feel like we are moving forward and doing well at it.

mistaflicksta
03/11/2011, 01:50 PM
So are we set at March 20th? is 3pm gonna be our standard time?

strayvoltage
03/11/2011, 02:37 PM
There has not been any response to speak of on this thread, I was waiting to see if many were going to chime in and say yes or no. I think 2pm was where we use to be at most of the time. I hate to say it but I will not be able to make it on the 20th even after I suggested it. I still think over all we will have better attendance if we have a set day, like the third Sunday every month.

mistaflicksta
03/11/2011, 04:58 PM
I looks I can't make the meeting either, my lady planned a trip to the Albq. Aquarium and zoo that weekend.

Erik

jmait769
03/11/2011, 06:28 PM
If the government shuts down after Friday I will be there – if not I will be Huntsville, AL for the rest of the month! :(

Jay

stvguerrero
03/13/2011, 12:13 AM
I can't make it either will be going with the wife and kids to Seaworld Yhea baby! !! By the way any suggestions related to aquariums places or stores?

deehz
03/13/2011, 01:08 AM
I won't be able to make any meetings the next couple of months. Will be in Phx next week. April will be packing and having a yard sale. and in May moving everything into the moving truck. Unless there is a meeting here in LC, won't make any of them in EP.

igazoo25
03/13/2011, 06:26 AM
Was at the coral reef yesterday, and daniel said he was going to be closed next thursday, friday and saturday. So I think he won't be there to host the meeting on the 20th. I wouldn't be able to make it either, will be out of town.

strayvoltage
03/13/2011, 10:56 PM
It seems that the only people that are saying anything on this meting are the ones that can't make it. It also sounds like Daniel will not be around.
Maybe this would be a month that would work better if we didn't have a meeting. There are going to be times when it works out this way, not a lot of them I hope.
Thoughts and or suggestions?

deehz
03/14/2011, 04:00 AM
I think your right John, cancel the meeting till April. We all forgot that March is spring break month and tax returns which equals a quick trip out of town with the family. Unless someone offers to hold the meeting at their place in the next couple of days, this will be the only way a meeting can or will take place this month.

strayvoltage
03/14/2011, 08:20 AM
Hans, I have to agree with you. Like I said it won't always work out but i feel like it works more than not.

ahlebik
03/14/2011, 08:27 PM
A meeting I can actually make and there won't be one. No worries ill hold my own "meeting" at the Hoppy monk then.

mistaflicksta
03/14/2011, 08:48 PM
A meeting I can actually make and there won't be one. No worries ill hold my own "meeting" at the Hoppy monk then.

now that meeting I can make it to, I should be back in EP by the time that meeting starts. :beer:

stvguerrero
03/14/2011, 10:43 PM
Look at it in the bright said one more month for tickets to be sold for the raffle may be xtra cash

strayvoltage
03/14/2011, 11:02 PM
stvguerrero, I hope enough tickets sell by that time.

nmnative
03/17/2011, 11:11 AM
I think that postponing the meeting until April is a good idea too. I plan on stopping at the Coral Reef soon to see if I can buy some raffle tickets and maybe get a few to sell to the local peeps :) Sorry that I have been outta touch on here, I feel lost....

strayvoltage
03/19/2011, 05:28 PM
Audrey, you are lost. So I guess it is unofficially official that there will not be a meeting for the month of march.

nmnative
03/21/2011, 10:00 AM
But now I am found!!