PDA

View Full Version : Help me iīm loosing my psamocora!!!!

Stuginski
03/06/2011, 11:45 AM
I donīt know what can I do for my psamocora....

She is loosing some "tissue"...from the midlle of the body (donīt seems like a RTN to be honest...iīm not sure that this is tissue lost...its more like a slime filaments) her color is fading a little and turning whitish (grey)...she is in a area with medium/low light and medium flow...all my sps are doing great...all my paramenters are in check....so what should I do to save her????

I use leds... itīs really dificult to take a good pic from her

Thanks guys and sorry for my bad english....

D.

Jabrams
03/06/2011, 08:33 PM
Do you see any parasites on the coral, like red bugs?

If the tissue loss continues I would suggest fragging , make sure you frag into healthy flesh.

The coral could also be bleaching and therefore expelling zooxanthellae. How long have you had the LED lights?

good luck

chilwil84
03/07/2011, 09:48 PM
is it a wild or maricultured piece? it is probably suffering from lack of flow through the center of it. tighter growing sps tend to need more flow when they are maricultured or wild. i have a plating piece that will lose tissure in the middle if i dont have a powerhead pointed right at it.

Mikey122687
03/07/2011, 10:16 PM
Try to post a pic and we'll see if we can help.

Stuginski
03/08/2011, 04:11 PM
Thank you fellows
I really canīt comprehend what is happening with this coral...

There are no bugs (none that I could see)
I use leds since a start this reef...and all my others sps are ok (nice colors and growing)...

Bleaching...hummm itīs possible..but I never saw a psamocora bleached....there are no white spots...just a dull green...where in other times are bright green....

I canīt say for sure...if itīs realy a tissue loss...seems more a "skin shedding"....seems like a shedding of the most superficial layer of the "skin"

The piece it isnīt too large...and I have a good circulation...i really donīt think that this is the problem...but...Iīm not sure...

I will try to get a better pic today....please keep helping me!!!!

Best regards

D.