PDA

View Full Version : New Mandarin Question?

ozzyfan121
03/06/2011, 06:37 PM
Hello, I've just added a Green mandarin dragonet to my 55 gallon tank. I am currently working with her to accept prepared foods. She is being supplemented with bottled pods in the meantime, and I have a booming pod population do to the introduction of bottled pods before the mandarin was added and the multiple LRR piles lying around the tank. My question is about the coloration. Is there any sort of light that shows the colors of dragonets better? I'm currently just using a 50/50 white/actinic bulb. The colors aren't faded, just darker than others I have seen. Any thoughts? Thanks.

small alien
03/07/2011, 08:05 AM
In general, more light shows fish's colors better. I doubt the "problem" is your color spectrum in this case. Pic?

ozzyfan121
03/07/2011, 08:12 AM
I'll try to get a pic of him.... I'm an awful photographer haha. He is fat and happy and very active as well, so he doesn't appear to be unhealthy in any way.

MikeandNicole
03/07/2011, 08:51 AM
One of the great things about the green mandarins is the range of color patterns they have. The psychadelic tag really fits.

ozzyfan121
03/07/2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah, they sure do! I was just unsure of whether there was anything to be done to make his colors more vibrant/bright.