PDA

View Full Version : Deltec MCE600

goobe
03/07/2011, 09:52 AM
Does anyones deltec dipersion plate suck??

mine seems to produce more bubbles when its on then when its off

so annoying

oh yea putting carbon bag in the media chamber has caused it to overflow 3 times now.

Zebodog
03/07/2011, 10:51 AM
Just use a 90 and a 45 degree PVC elbow to repalce the stock "degassing" plate - works much better.

Carbon in the media chamber shouldn't cause it to overflow unless it's floating upwards and blocking the return pipe. I don't use the media chamber, but I do use carbon in a media bag and have never had a problem as long as the L-shaped bracket is on top of it.

The only downside is the rapid build up of calcium in the venturi of the pump; once a month I need to pull the pump and clean it out. Not a big deal and certainly worth it given the performance of this skimmer. Once dialed in, it's a beast!

goobe
03/07/2011, 12:05 PM
oh wow ive never thought of that! ill try the piping out

yeah i cant complain at how great it is.

i was just super frusterated to wake up wiht a huge puddle of water that i had to clean up

Zebodog
03/07/2011, 12:32 PM
oh wow ive never thought of that! ill try the piping out

yeah i cant complain at how great it is.

i was just super frusterated to wake up wiht a huge puddle of water that i had to clean up

The outlet pipe is metric, so I used a 1 1/2" 45 degree street elbow and a 1 1/2" 90 degree street elbow. It's a pretty close fit; I do get a bit of salt creep between the skimmer outlet and pvc, but not enough to get concerned about.

goobe
03/07/2011, 01:58 PM
haha yeah i just went out and bought the elbows. they helped alot thanks!