View Full Version : Is there a pump for this?

03/09/2011, 12:11 AM
I want to pump water from my DT up to my fuge (that also will have my equipment in it, so I guess it's like a sump/fuge) that will then drain back down into my DT.

The problem is my DT is 8 gallons and I don't want to put a pump in my DT so are there any out there that could sit outside of the tank and suck water from the DT and pump it to the fuge? OR one that is small enough to fit in a 2.5" filter compartment in the back of the tank? My fuge is about 3-4 ft away from my DT and about a foot higher than the DT.


03/09/2011, 12:59 AM
Maybe a small canister filter would do the trick....

03/09/2011, 10:27 AM
depends on the flow you need through the fuge but check out the maxijets. They are really good little pumps and there are many sizes that will drop right in the rear chambers. Probably an MJ1200. they will easily pump that distance. Just put a barbed valve inline to adjust the flow.

03/09/2011, 12:17 PM
I agree the MaxiJet should work. But the Canister is an interesting Idea! I have been trying to think of a way to move my fuge and that just might be the way to go. So Thanks!!!

03/09/2011, 04:13 PM
Alright thanks everyone, so you think the MJ1200 will fit in the back of my tank?