PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jaw trigger always hiding when I'm around, wont' come out for feedings.

cheech
03/10/2011, 09:29 AM
When I introduced it to the tank, it quickly went into hiding. Next day, not knowing these fish were jumpers, I found it on the floor. Fortunately I made it in time to save it and placed it back int he DT.

It's doing fine now. If I'm not around, it freely swims around the tank, however, at the first glimpse of me, it'll hide.

It won't come out during feeding times either. The only way I managed to get it to eat was to target feed it some shrimp using a scewer.

I've only fed it with the scewer twice so far. Should I continue target feeding, or should I hope that it eventually stops being afraid and comes out on his own to feed?

http://i.imgur.com/uleobl.jpg

Chris27
03/10/2011, 09:37 AM
They are usually very timid when first introduced, it should eventually come out and play.

GrendelPrime76
03/10/2011, 09:49 AM
how long has he been in the tank? my foxface hid for about 2 weeks till he got comfortable in his new tank so give it time

Tat2demon
03/10/2011, 11:04 AM
My bluethroat hid for almost two weeks until I put in a couple small fish that were alwayws swimming. Only took a few hours of seeing them before he came out. Now he eats from my hand.

I wouldnt worry about getting food back to him. When he gets hungry enough he will come out and realize its not so bad.

btkrausen
03/10/2011, 11:47 AM
Same for me. He hid and ran for the first few weeks. Now, he comes right up to me and will even try to bite my finger if I entice him :)

Once I upgrade to my tank I just ordered, I plan to buy him a female.

brian762
03/10/2011, 12:40 PM
My Niger Trigger hardly comes out, i have had him 3-4 weeks now, but you can tell he is starting to calm down. he still hasnt explored the whole right side of the tank yet. Every fish is different. Give it time and hopefully he will start slowly warming up to you.