PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with E-shopps psk-75!!!

Jon_Hewett_85
03/10/2011, 06:06 PM
So I got a used e-shopps psk-75 for my 20H that is making what seems like a lot of micro bubbles. I got a pre-filter sponge for a Mag5 and installed that, but a good bit are still getting into the tank. I have tried restricting the intake w/ a ball valve and that helped a bit, but not a ton. I have also tried adjusting the air with a cheap airline valve, again it help some but not a lot.

The impeller is the style three rows of "spines" that are horizontal (perpendicular to the axis of the impeller). I was hoping to be able to upgrade w/ this skimmer later on but this seems to be just too much for my tank. If anyone has any suggestions to eliminate the micro-bubbles cheaply, I would love to put the skimmer back on and use it (I took it off after a few days because I was just frustrated w/ the micro-bubbles). I am seriously thinking about selling this and getting a tunze 9002 but would rather just use what I have.

Fig
03/10/2011, 07:10 PM
Micro bubbles should go away once broke-in. This may take a few weeks. My Deltec MCE600 did this for the first month.

arentspowell
03/10/2011, 07:19 PM
just give it time. I have the PSK-100 and it did the same when I first got it. You can put a sock filter on the output to reduce them. It will pull out some gunk I love mine.

kzooreefer
03/10/2011, 07:19 PM
So I got a used e-shopps psk-75 for my 20H that is making what seems like a lot of micro bubbles. I got a pre-filter sponge for a Mag5 and installed that, but a good bit are still getting into the tank. I have tried restricting the intake w/ a ball valve and that helped a bit, but not a ton. I have also tried adjusting the air with a cheap airline valve, again it help some but not a lot.

The impeller is the style three rows of "spines" that are horizontal (perpendicular to the axis of the impeller). I was hoping to be able to upgrade w/ this skimmer later on but this seems to be just too much for my tank. If anyone has any suggestions to eliminate the micro-bubbles cheaply, I would love to put the skimmer back on and use it (I took it off after a few days because I was just frustrated w/ the micro-bubbles). I am seriously thinking about selling this and getting a tunze 9002 but would rather just use what I have.

A new PSK-75H comes with a fitted sponge that goes over the outlet tube to decrease the micro bubbles. Some will still get through and these usually go away after a day or two.

Jon_Hewett_85
03/10/2011, 07:26 PM
That is encouraging news. I have a 10 gallon upstairs with nothing in it (keep it running for QT) I could let it break in on that. Maybe add some a little mysis for the micro-critters and kick start things. Thoughts?

ReeferBill
03/10/2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Jon ; Try the filter sock and if that is not good enough , try the sponge route. I havea couple of sponges with medium ans small holes over the outlet held together and on with elastics. You just have to clean it once a week. Happy Reefing!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce1::beer: