ReefKnot
03/10/2011, 11:07 PM
So what does everyone recommend?
KZ Coral light II (14k)
or
ATI Aquablue Special

maynardjames
03/10/2011, 11:15 PM
havent used the kz aquablue special works well, but i prefer ati blue plus over the aqaublue

ReefKnot
03/11/2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah I've got a couple blue plus and one aquablue should be arriving tomorrow.... This is for my other tank..... I can get another aquablue special, but I can get a KZ bulb for very cheap, so I was wondering if it would be worth grabbing, or sticking with ATI

gldnegle76
03/11/2011, 09:11 AM
I prefer the KZ new generation 14k over the ATI aquablue special. I love the ATI blue +'s.

hemicuda
03/11/2011, 09:31 AM
blue+

rtparty
03/11/2011, 10:29 AM
The KZ is a much better looking bulb. It has some blue in it that the Aquablue does not. Helps things POP in the tank a little better while also brightening up the tank.

I have been hounding on Oliver at ATI to stop producing the Aquablue in its' current state. To my eyes they changed something in them about 18-24 months ago. They are less blue and wash colors out like crazy. Mine almost seemed to burn a "gray" color. I couldn't stand it on my tank!

gldnegle76
03/11/2011, 10:52 AM
The KZ is a much better looking bulb. It has some blue in it that the Aquablue does not. Helps things POP in the tank a little better while also brightening up the tank.

I have been hounding on Oliver at ATI to stop producing the Aquablue in its' current state. To my eyes they changed something in them about 18-24 months ago. They are less blue and wash colors out like crazy. Mine almost seemed to burn a "gray" color. I couldn't stand it on my tank!

I couldn't have stated it any better!