PDA

View Full Version : New Light Hood and LED Spots

dloehrs
03/12/2011, 06:38 AM
Hey Folks,
I am currently in a design mode for a new light hood. My initial thoughts are a row of Ecoxotic Par 38 LED spots down the centerline, supplemented by some T5's towards front and back. This morning I saw Volx Grassy LeDio 27 lights on the net, being evaluated but I could not find any to purchase. They draw 9 more watts but have more LEDs and a different spectrum of light.
So, has anyone out there seen these in use and what are your impressions?
Also, where can these be bought? A quick look has drawn me only to Japanese websites.
Thanks

Mustang Boy
03/12/2011, 10:58 AM
If you want a better light spectrum out of a PAR38 you should look into the RapidLED PAR39 bulb that comes with 3 royal blue, one cool blue, 2 cool white and 1 warm white LED.

dloehrs
03/13/2011, 07:41 AM
That bulb from Rapid LED is a neat option with the additional colors, too bad theres not a light spectrum graph alongside it. I may try one or two of these. The hood will be a little higher than I'd like (aesthetics) so I like the tighter 40 degree reflector on the ecoxtic, assuming that the lower the angle the tighter the spread. There may be up to 7 of these bulbs in the hood so a mix of 2-3 different manufacturers is an option.
Thanks for the advice