PDA

View Full Version : ph probe faulty?

drillsar
03/12/2011, 12:30 PM
I tried to calibrate the ph probe, calibration fluids brand new..
I put the temp probe and ph probe first in 7.0 then said settling 00.00 waited like 2 minutes nothing happened so I hit select then went to 10.00 same thing then said probe defective

I got this for $300 with dc8 and lab probe if probe is indeed defective what refund would be you think warrantied? I'm thinking $60 so at least I can get a standard probe

aquamanic
03/12/2011, 01:26 PM
is the probe enabled and are you calibrating the correct probe? You can have multiple probes on a system. You can verify via the display module Setup - ph setup or if you have an expansion module, system - misc setup - probe exp.

drillsar
03/12/2011, 01:54 PM
Yes probe is enabled

aquamanic
03/12/2011, 05:06 PM
did you take the cap that the probe was shipped with, off of it before calibrating?

drillsar
03/12/2011, 07:31 PM
Yes I did.

Hawkdl2
03/12/2011, 09:39 PM
Does the display indicate a pH reading after you exit the calibration menu?

pyton
03/13/2011, 12:58 AM
I put the temp probe and ph probe first in 7.0 then said settling 00.00 waited like 2 minutes nothing happened so I hit select then went to 10.00 same thing then said probe defective

I got this for $300 with dc8 and lab probe if probe is indeed defective what refund would be you think warrantied? I'm thinking $60 so at least I can get a standard probe

If it is not reading anything your probe is not enabled.
You should not have to do this but if the probe is enabled:

disable probe, enable probe, restart controller from the net set up

It really sounds like the probe is not enabled, that is the only way it would read 0.00, make sure you have it hooked up right too.
So long as the probe stayed wet you should be fine. Was it shipped with the cap on the probe or the probe in a bag to keep it from drying out?

You ask about a refund, I am sure who ever you bought it from sold it to you in good faith when they sold it. How long have you had it before you noticed it not working? If it has been a day or two than you might be able to ask the seller for a refund of some sort. If it has been any longer than that it would be hard to say you did not break it yourself or that it was for sure shipped defective. Since you bought this used I would not consider a refund. That is the risk you take when you buy something used. For all purposes that is between yourself and the seller, it should be handled as a private manner not in public forums.

Specialtang
03/13/2011, 01:19 AM

I thought we talked about this in PM, but here goes.

I sold this and I have the logs to prove it was working just fine before I shipped it to you if you would like to see them I can give you a link just shoot me a PM.

If you are getting 0.00 your probe is not enabled. I did a factory reset on that before I shipped it out to you to erase all my custom programming. So you need to enable the probe.

I shipped that probe wet with the cap on it so everything should be good to go for you once you enable it.

schwaggs
03/14/2011, 06:52 PM
He couldn't attempt a calibration if the pH probe was not enabled. The probe would not show up in the calibration menus.

What reading does the Apex show when the probe is disconnected? If it still shows 0.00, I bet the base module is bad. You can also attempt setting up the 2nd port as pH and connecting the probe there to see if it is the base module port or the probe.