PDA

View Full Version : Odds of laying eggs

Atomic081
03/12/2011, 06:37 PM
Im considering getting a pair of snowflake clowns and i was wondering the odds of them laying eggs. I had my last pair of clowns (false percs) for over 4 years and never had them spawn. Is there anything i can do to help them out. Play a little barry white or something?:inlove:

NirvanaFan
03/12/2011, 08:09 PM
feed them lots of high quality food and minimize stress. They'll start laying eggs eventually.

Atomic081
03/12/2011, 09:16 PM
what would high quality foods be? Im thinking about just feeding Rods Reef. Would that be adequate?

NirvanaFan
03/12/2011, 10:52 PM
I've never used Rod's but other people seem to swear by it. I buy seafood (clam, shrimp, crab, scallop, squid, etc) from the grocery store. Chop it up real fine (think 1/2 - 1/4 the size of a pencil eraser). Mix everything up and freeze it in plastic zip top bags. Only put enough in the bags so when they lay flat they are 1/4" thick. When you want to feed, just break off a chunk and thaw it in tank water. Feed your fish (and corals) with a turkey baster.

NirvanaFan
03/12/2011, 10:55 PM
My fish get brine or some pellets every once in a while, but their main staples are thawed seafood.