PDA

View Full Version : Tunze nano wavebox + vortech

kensai
03/13/2011, 08:01 AM
currently I have setup up my new mixed sps tank - size: 36 (L) x 23 (w) x 26 (H) and is running nano wavebox + 2 seio pumps which I gathered from my old fish tank (in addition to a return pump with 2 outlets at two corners)

the waves from the wavebox is not obvious no matter what frequency I adjust to and between a fully submerged box or 0.75 (inch) above water (this is the highest I can get because of the rims around the tank!).

My plan is to have 80% sps and therefore I am a bit concerned about the waves in the system.

I have few proposal but not sure which is the best way.

1) Add another Tunze pump and connect to the salve of the nano wavebox controller.

2) add another nano wavebox and run parallel together with the current one.

3) Remove the 2 seio pumps and add a vortech (MP40) and run on the same side or opposite side of the nano wavebox.

Option 1 and 2 will be cheaper than 3 but I am not sure if it would create significant difference than the current setting.

Any comments welcome!

Thanks!

kensai
03/13/2011, 07:46 PM
Need your advice before I purchase more equipments.....Thanks a million!:rollface:

currently I have setup up my new mixed sps tank - size: 36 (L) x 23 (w) x 26 (H) and is running nano wavebox + 2 seio pumps which I gathered from my old fish tank (in addition to a return pump with 2 outlets at two corners)

the waves from the wavebox is not obvious no matter what frequency I adjust to and between a fully submerged box or 0.75 (inch) above water (this is the highest I can get because of the rims around the tank!).

My plan is to have 80% sps and therefore I am a bit concerned about the waves in the system.

I have few proposal but not sure which is the best way.

1) Add another Tunze pump and connect to the salve of the nano wavebox controller.

2) add another nano wavebox and run parallel together with the current one.

3) Remove the 2 seio pumps and add a vortech (MP40) and run on the same side or opposite side of the nano wavebox.

Option 1 and 2 will be cheaper than 3 but I am not sure if it would create significant difference than the current setting.

Any comments welcome!

Thanks!

mgraf
03/13/2011, 09:13 PM
Sell that stuff to a buddy and go buy 2 vortech mp10ESW's! Youll have a rock'n wave and then also have more control and variety. I have two in a 4' tank and I can get about a 3/4 inch wave going. Youtube has a video of a wave by the vortech in a 3' tank.