PDA

View Full Version : Possibly adding another fish?

nathang
03/13/2011, 01:12 PM
Hey I have a 30g cube and was wondering if I could add another fish.

I have a pair of small (2" & 1.25") perculas, a swalesi basslet, a helfrichi firefish, and a spotted mandarin (not the subject of the thread, I know what I'm doing haha).

I really like african flameback angels but im worried about their aggression (with firefish and mandarin) and nipping at LPS.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks

MCCOOL
03/13/2011, 01:43 PM
I think you're pretty well stocked up, as those clowns mature, they'll become increasingly aggressive. Maybe a small goby if anything, but I'd stay where you are, personally.

I'm sure you already know, but that basslet is alot of competition for the mandarin in such a small tank.

dzfish17
03/13/2011, 03:14 PM
^^^ I agree you are already overstocked for a 30g.

fish77
03/13/2011, 03:17 PM
^^^ i agree you are already overstocked for a 30g.

+1

snorvich
03/13/2011, 03:43 PM
+2 Overstocked

Bnortz
03/13/2011, 04:46 PM
you aren't that overstocked. A small goby would be fine plus you could still get some inverts

Angel*Fish
03/13/2011, 05:52 PM
In addition to possible aggression, those clowns are going to get large pretty fast and they aren't that long but they have a pretty big girth - if you haven't had them before, you'll be amaze at what big fish they turn out to be. I could see the angel picking on that basslet, especially because it would be confined in a cube. A longer shaped tank would be better for the angel.

nathang
03/13/2011, 07:30 PM
In addition to possible aggression, those clowns are going to get large pretty fast and they aren't that long but they have a pretty big girth - if you haven't had them before, you'll be amaze at what big fish they turn out to be. I could see the angel picking on that basslet, especially because it would be confined in a cube. A longer shaped tank would be better for the angel.

OK, thank you for the advice! Ill guess I'll have to wait till I find out if im going out of state for college before setting up a larger tank. haha