PDA

View Full Version : Help me!!!! Millepora with problems!!!!

Stuginski
03/13/2011, 03:53 PM
Hi reefers... How are you????

I really need some help. Iīm having troubles with my eletric green milepora.

I have this millie since december and when she comes to me, she was bright green polyps and a brown body....20 days ago...she started to become more and more pale....the polyps almost yellow and the body beige.... Until two days ago I was not so worried about this because she still with good growing rate and good polyp extension. But now polyp extension is zero!!!!

To try to fix the color (some friends told me that probably iīm starving my corals)...I increased my fishes feeding...and I start to use cyclopeeze....but to be honest..nothing changed.
I never see a millie eating the cyclop too....

So now..the polyps are trully retracted....what should I do?????

Shes is in a area with good flow (almost in front of the koralia) and with good light (top of the reef). I use a led (cree xre) fixture since the start. I dose vodka 1.2 mL in a 55 gallon system. I use zeolites passively and TLF carbon (24/7). I dose 5 drops of mb7 every day.
All my tests are API: 0 nitrates, 0 phosphates, 8dkh, Ca 420 ppm (I use two part Randy system, S= 1025.
I use brightwell salt and do water changes every 10 days...my reef is a barebotton.
I have 1 mediun size yellow tang, one little hepatus (the tangs will go to my fish only when reached the apropriated size) and 1 flame hawk...

I have another 5 acroporas (chester, tort blue green, tort turcoise, echinata blue and austera banana)...all with trully beautifull colors;;very bright...
I have another 4 sps: one stylophora pink (this colony are pinkish than hell), two montiporas with nice collors (orange) and one psamocora (I have some problems with this coral...his color is becoming dull...and seems like she is shedding her skin...it isnīt a tissue lost...just the colors fading);

I donīt found any parasite in my acros or other sps...no aefw..no red bugs...

So what the hell is happening???? Please someone help me...I donīt want to loose my millie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards and sorry for my terrible english

D.