DOSING PUMPS MODULE (ACQ450) : Firmware v. 4.0

- Fixing of blackout reaction bugs

KORALIA WAVE MODULE (ACQ455): Firmware v. 1.0

SMS MODULE (ACQ240) Firmware v. 1.7

Chad

RobbyG
03/14/2011, 01:25 PM
Beat me to it LOL
The thing that interest me the most is that they finaly put in a waiting time on the Level Sensors prg. Wish there was a more detailed list of whats been done but it seems like a lot has been done.

yettihead
03/14/2011, 01:34 PM
I am glad to see they are still making software improvements. For a while it looked pretty grim for Aquatronica considering they do not respond to emails.

I have a lot of money invested in my Aquatronica and will be buying the dosing pump soon and maybe the light dimming module if reefbrites ever releases the adjustable power supplies and they are compatible.

Chad

nemo's janitor
03/14/2011, 10:31 PM
Yup it is nice to see some movement. Will download the updates and manuals and give it try.

nemo's janitor
03/14/2011, 10:37 PM
Yup it is nice to see some movement. Will download the updates and manuals and give it try.

yettihead
03/14/2011, 11:03 PM
Just be careful as I did the update and it cleared everything from my controller. Luckily I just did my tank switch so I only have a couple of plugs being used. I had to redo everything except the ethernet module. I did have an error the first time so that could have been my issue.

Just be careful.

Chad

euod
03/16/2011, 12:37 PM
Long time coming and hope it helps on the ethernet and sms modules.

dbond
03/16/2011, 09:40 PM
Did the update all went fine no issues

marekw
03/17/2011, 09:41 AM
I've been waiting for this since July to properly control my Tunze pumps. PC software looked good. Then during the firmware update I got "Error in firmware reprogramming code 1701 (A18)"
Controller now looks like a brick. Nothing showing. Plug bars also decided to switch off. Reported to tronica yesterday - no reply. Plugging and unplugging manually at the moment to keep tank going. To say I am annoyed is a serious understatement - especially as they have not even acknowledged me. Be warned!

landy
03/17/2011, 11:01 AM
the update went fine. Lost nothing.

The Tunze software is an improvement, but still lacks the ability to run a wave box. The smallest time you can set is 1 second, were you need .10 to make a wave in some tanks. Also, the ramping will not allow it. You cannot set the off time, only the ramp up; on time; and ramp down.

I didn’t play with it much last night, but it seems there is some integration with the other functions, i.e you can control the steams with the xy.

If I get some time I will resurrect the tunze thread and add some screen shots. With better overall descriptions.

landy

Paradiddle7
03/29/2011, 06:36 AM
I have the dosing pump and it works great, but I did have 1 pump die on me about a year old. The other two have been working for 4 years now. I only have a 110g system (total), so I still use 2 Part & Mg. I have a top of the line Calcium Reactor but I don't have the need to use it yet because the dosing pump is so much easier to adjust and it's been very reliable for me.

The dead pump is on the circuit board too, the motor works fine, it just won't turn on. I will probably buy a spare and send it back for repair, if they do it.

It's definitely worth the money and your settings will stay when the power goes out because of the controllers battery backup.

I am glad to see they are still making software improvements. For a while it looked pretty grim for Aquatronica considering they do not respond to emails.

I have a lot of money invested in my Aquatronica and will be buying the dosing pump soon and maybe the light dimming module if reefbrites ever releases the adjustable power supplies and they are compatible.

Chad

dbond
03/29/2011, 07:44 AM
I just received another update from Aquatronica staing 8.7.1 is now available so i guess a few more fixes?

yettihead
03/29/2011, 08:38 PM
Looks like they fixed the functions keys in the software

A new update package is now available for the following devices and functions of the Aquarium Controller System:

PC SOFTWARE: Software v.8.7.1

- Fixed Function Keys Bugs

CONTROLLER (ACQ001 and ACQ110) Firmware v.8.0
ETHERNET MODULE (ACQ225): Firmware v. 3.1
DOSING PUMPS MODULE (ACQ450) : Firmware v. 4.0
KORALIA WAVE MODULE (ACQ455): Firmware v. 1.1
SMS MODULE (ACQ240) Firmware v. 1.7

For a more effective use of our system, we recommend performing this update.