PDA

View Full Version : Radium shortage

liquidfunk
03/14/2011, 03:41 PM
Well, it’s unfortunate but it looks like we may not see Radiums in the near future in the hobby... New FDA regulations have kept Radiums stuck in customs as they cannot provide the proper paperwork regarding safety (like mercury etc) information about the lamps. It’s unclear currently if Radium will ever be able to provide the necessary documentation required...

Such a huge bummer, but I guess it’s all 20k Ushios for now!

*source*
Sunlight Supply

liquidfunk
03/15/2011, 09:23 AM
No one belives it eh?

sirreal63
03/15/2011, 02:11 PM
I plan ahead, have enough to last the next couple of years. :D

Dave@CoralVue
03/15/2011, 02:14 PM
Well not sure why people are being told this but we just got a shipment of 1000pcs 400 watt Radium lamps in last week and have another 1000pcs 250 watt Radium lamps arriving later this week. Sounds like the importer needs to get his paper work in order if he wants to continue importing metal halide lamps.

liquidfunk
03/16/2011, 05:52 PM
http://************.com/2011/03/15/radium-metal-halide-bulbs/

Oh of course reefcentral is still holding a grudge against the "blog site" Im sure everyone knows where the above reef builders link goes.

Dave I think you will soon learn it requires paperwork from Radium to continue. It’s not an importer issue, it’s a product issue. It’s only a matter of time before your customs department starts enforcing the regulation on that particular NAFTA code. This started in 2009 and just hasn’t been enforced..