PDA

View Full Version : How to slow/stop this stringy brown algae

WXB
03/14/2011, 03:57 PM
I have never had algae like this EVER. The long strings of this is killing me. I got some extra hermit crabs to help me out with this garbage. Trying to go the "natural route" the water is fine ph normal amonia ect is all right where it should be. This brown string like algae is getting under my skin. The MH light i think is fueling the fire. I need to have them for my SPS. My house sitter did what i asked as far as feeding. the lighting he did his own thing. Now i have one SPS that is brown and the brown algae that i though i had under control is all over the place. I keep having to pull this stuff off my SPSs. I have done water changes and everything. Any help or ideas. I have delt with brown hair algae but this stuff is new to me.

dublo8
03/14/2011, 11:58 PM
Wow, I am having the same exact issue. It's on my glass low in the tank. When it release itself it gets stuck to every coral in the tank. I would like to know what is as well. My params are spot on. I run BRS reactors w/ carbon and GFO so something is fueling it and I too cant figure it out.

tektite
03/15/2011, 07:29 AM
Maybe dinoflagellates?

WXB
03/15/2011, 06:49 PM
THAT IS IT!! thats the BROWN HELL that has been killing me. i came home to this explosion. I am going to go get some Special Blend to help me Kill this stuff. If ever there is somthing like this Special blend helps. It is the only way to go at it in a natural way. I will let you know if it helps then you can try as well.
Thanks TEK
Dub I will let you know.

dublo8
03/16/2011, 12:55 AM
Thanks. keep us updated.

mccorry
04/30/2011, 03:51 PM
Did this work? I'm having a hell of a time right now with the same issue.

dixiedog
04/30/2011, 04:53 PM
Google "Peroxide saves my tank"