PDA

View Full Version : Variable Illumination?

Spinny
03/14/2011, 09:41 PM
I currently use a Profilux controller to switch 4 halides on and off. My lighting scheme is simple as the day starts with one 250w switching on, followed by a 400W, a second 400W, and lastly a 250W. The lighting then turns off in the same order. My timing for the ballasts are set up using the "Illumination 1", "Illumination 2", 3, and so one. Each Illumination setting has one setting, turn on at this time, and turn off on this time. Is it possible to make these settings more random on certain days? What will the "Variable Illumination" do for me with my setup?

Thanks

AQD_ottawa
03/15/2011, 05:18 AM
You can set different on off times within each illumination channel.

Variable illumination is dimming which is not an option in your case.

Spinny
03/15/2011, 06:08 AM
OK, Thanks.

I currently have all four of the eight "Illumination Channels" controlling a ballast independently from the other. For example, Illumination channel 1 turns ballast one on at 11:00am and off at 6:00pm. Illumination Channel 2 turns ballast two on at 12pm and off at 7:00pm, and ballast three and ballast four are also done with Illumination Channel 3 and Illumination Channel 4. What does creating a second time in a specific channel do? Is it just like an electronic timer with several start and stop options?

AQD_ottawa
03/15/2011, 07:19 AM
yep pretty much you can have multiple on off times within illumination 1 for example