PDA

View Full Version : Sunlight supply tek light HO?

Seaweed Brain
03/15/2011, 01:07 PM
I currently have a 48" sundial t5 fixture with 4 bulbs. I wanted to add more light and have been looking at the Sunlight supply tek light HO 6 bulb. I'd love the 8 bulb but it wouldnt be able to access the tank through my canopy because it will take up too much space. So my question is, is this a good fixture or no? Any one have any good/bad experiences with them. Thanks

Oh my tank is a 75 gallon mixed reef. Mostly LPS and am starting to add more sps.

Ethan Music
03/15/2011, 01:15 PM
Have one on my 90gallon and love it so far although my tank only been up for 3-4 months so don't have any corals yet.

arentspowell
03/15/2011, 01:22 PM
what kind of canopy do you have? If you did get the 8 bulb have you thought about running an open top? I switched from a canopy to open top and I really like the look of it and it allows more cooling without all the fans.

Seaweed Brain
03/15/2011, 01:37 PM
I just switched from an open top to a canopy. I like the look of the canopy alot. I've also been thinking of putting some retro fits in. If I go that route I may be able to fit 8. Except it looks like I would pay more for the retro's then I would for a fixture.