PDA

View Full Version : aqueon proflex 4 sump

jfoxx81
03/15/2011, 01:44 PM
Ive just ordered one of these and was wondering, by the people that have them what are you likes or dislikes about the sump and is there anything i need to do to modify the system>?

Brwestern
03/15/2011, 01:59 PM
War eagle.

Some people say the divider between the first and second section is a pain. It is held up by the water height. So if your water level fluctuates, it will drop.

Also, some people say the skimmer in the last section might cause issues because of the evaporation and your skimmer operation.

How will you have it set up? Refugium? Bioballs, or Berlin?

jfoxx81
03/15/2011, 02:03 PM
War eagle.

Some people say the divider between the first and second section is a pain. It is held up by the water height. So if your water level fluctuates, it will drop.

Also, some people say the skimmer in the last section might cause issues because of the evaporation and your skimmer operation.

How will you have it set up? Refugium? Bioballs, or Berlin?

jfoxx81
03/15/2011, 02:04 PM
evaporation will happen but i will be topped off daily so shouldnt be an issue...i hope!!!

Brwestern
03/15/2011, 02:10 PM
The ATO should help then. I was going to buy one, but then I decided on the trigger systems sump/refugium.

Go to YouTube and lookup newyorksteelo. He has a lot of reviews and he reviews your exact sump. He ended up switching, but I think you'll be just fine.

One of his arguments is micro bubbles, but I think each user has different experiences.

jfoxx81
03/15/2011, 02:26 PM
i saw his reviews didnt know he ended up switching though!!!but i have yet to have problems with bubbles so far!!!!! i was pleased with his video let me actually see it in use!! thats kinda of of the reason i went ahead and ordered one!

DoubleM 10
03/15/2011, 02:55 PM
Ive just ordered one of these and was wondering, by the people that have them what are you likes or dislikes about the sump and is there anything i need to do to modify the system>?

well i dont have one but a good idea next time you need to ask somehing is ask before you order. :lolspin:

jfoxx81
03/15/2011, 03:12 PM
well i dont have one but a good idea next time you need to ask somehing is ask before you order. :lolspin:

lol ive already read and researched opinions enough to know whether i wanted to purchase it, i chose to cause i liked the setup my friend just wanted to know how others felt about it!!!:rolleye1:

shayna123
03/15/2011, 03:32 PM
i thought it was a bit hard to clean under the socks and i did have trouble with micro bubbles

jfoxx81
03/16/2011, 01:36 AM
i thought it was a bit hard to clean under the socks and i did have trouble with micro bubbles

Probably won't be using the socks but did you find away to stop micro bubbles?

USN retired
03/17/2011, 09:16 AM
For the people that own them, are they noisy?

jfoxx81
03/17/2011, 12:25 PM
For the people that own them, are they noisy?

ill be able to tell you sunday....mines came in today and ill be setting it up then.:bounce3:

jfoxx81
03/19/2011, 09:14 AM
:bounce3:finally hooked up the sump last night and its is definetly much quiter than my last sump and no problems with micro bubbles so far!!! I am totally happy with the system and will let u know if that changes and is looks soooooo much better than my diy!!!:bounce3::bounce2::bounce3::bounce2:

Wideboty2000
04/19/2014, 07:38 AM
Just purchased the model 4 yesterday! Waiting for it to get delivered, are you still using/liking it? Any tips?!