PDA

View Full Version : Oxydator - anyone using it?

schriss
03/16/2011, 06:16 AM
Found this: http://www.oxydator.de/
It's to add oxygen to the water.
Any thoughts?

schriss
03/22/2011, 04:20 AM
I have just received it. It's a glass bottle with two catalysts inside and a bottle of fluid to be added to the glass bottle. This starts reaction and result is pure oxygen. One refill lasts 2 weekes.
Any thoughts?

schriss
03/23/2011, 03:25 PM
Guys, the fluid bottle says: H2O2
The two catalyst pieces look like small bits of carbon or graphite.
I put the fluid in, closed and see bubbles appear inside, some are pushed out through tiny holes at the bottom.
Is this safe? I didn't put that into my tank yet :-)
H2O2 + something, what could this reaction be and the result is said to be: "normal and activated oxygen".

schriss
03/23/2011, 03:35 PM
OK googled around and found out it does work and does increase oxygen level and raises ORP and has been ued in Reefs.

schriss
03/23/2011, 03:43 PM
It's in my tank now :-D

schriss
03/23/2011, 03:45 PM
How can it be that moments after it's been put in, ORP started to go up? I didn't do anything else? And it's going up so quickly? Until now I have only seen ORP drop quickly, but raise slowly.

jackryan
03/25/2011, 05:07 AM
but why would you need it in the first place?

schriss
03/25/2011, 05:19 AM
I googled and found out what it does and what the good things are and because I do not use Ozon/UV, this seems to be perfect to run instead.
My ORp was usually at 250, now it's 350 for the last two days and water is crystal clear. No ill effects noted.
I was only warned abount getting ORP to high to quickly, which anemones do not like.
So overall I'm very happy as it didnt cost me much. If I can have more oxygen and clearer water, it's win/win situation.

jackryan
03/25/2011, 08:53 AM
Ok, got it.

schriss
03/25/2011, 09:21 AM
I would paste long thread wwith details from "some" ultimate reef forum, but not sure if allowed?
People are noticing improvements. Also it can be used in other areas because it works like ozonizer combined wwith aerator, yet is very small. Some use it when transporting fish/frags to keep oxygen level up and water clear, because it oxydates organics.

LesMelling
12/12/2011, 05:17 PM
I googled and found out what it does and what the good things are and because I do not use Ozon/UV, this seems to be perfect to run instead.
My ORp was usually at 250, now it's 350 for the last two days and water is crystal clear. No ill effects noted.
I was only warned abount getting ORP to high to quickly, which anemones do not like.
So overall I'm very happy as it didnt cost me much. If I can have more oxygen and clearer water, it's win/win situation.

You may have read my review of the Oxydator then?

LesMelling
12/12/2011, 05:19 PM
I would paste long thread wwith details from "some" ultimate reef forum, but not sure if allowed?
People are noticing improvements. Also it can be used in other areas because it works like ozonizer combined wwith aerator, yet is very small. Some use it when transporting fish/frags to keep oxygen level up and water clear, because it oxydates organics.

That will be me most likely. I have been using and singing the praises of the Oxydator for quite some years now. They are very safe if used correctly that is without going OTT on the strength of the H2O2