PDA

View Full Version : Best ballast for 175W ushio bulb

SaltwaterAdict
03/16/2011, 08:19 AM
What would be the best ballast to run ushio 14k bulbs? They require a pulse or electronic ballast. I was thinking icecap would be alright, but now found out they've gone out of business?? Any suggestions for ballasts. I'm thinking ARO may be a good route. What do you guys think?

goofball310
03/16/2011, 08:29 AM
icecap is out of business????? i just checked and seen their products still for sale on marine depot and there website is still up.

as for ballast suggestions:
icecap, sunlight supply galaxy, bluewave

SaltwaterAdict
03/16/2011, 09:02 AM
icecap is out of business????? i just checked and seen their products still for sale on marine depot and there website is still up.

Idk, I'm somewhat confused they were on a 3 month hiatus. I heard word they may be reopening in canada somewhere?? Not really sure. As of now, I don't think they're in business? If someone has more info on this subject please share..

SaltwaterAdict
03/16/2011, 09:04 AM

Do you think icecap would be better than ARO? Also, is there a difference between the old icecap (Blue) and the new icecap (Silver)?

goofball310
03/16/2011, 09:17 AM
The difference between the icecap and ARO would minimal if any besides the fancy casing on the icecap.

I'm unfamiliar with the silver icecap casing and maybe someone else can tune on the two.